Compete 24h/365 days of the year
The Department of Sports of Palamós Council presents the new circuits of the Palamós Virtual Races. These are virtual races using the OTR app (Open Trail Races). You can compete in them as often as you want, whenever you want. The circuits are always open and you can record your times at any moment and appear in the classifications. This is an innovative competition format where we use your smartphone’s GPS and Bluetooth to record your time as you pass the control points established on the route of the selected race.
We also have a calendar of competitions where you can compete on particular dates to be champions and win different prizes.
1. Download the OPEN TRAIL RACES APP and register.
2. Find the race on the app and familiarise yourself with the route (go to Things to take into account).
3. Activate Bluetooth and GPS on your mobile.
4. Go to the start/end site and find the control point.
5. Press the START button and wait for your device to detect the start point.
6. Start the race when your device starts to count the time.
7. Make sure that it detects the end device when you complete the challenge. If it does not automatically detect the end, press the stop button to end the race. An administrator will review your race and validate your time afterwards. In the case of any incidents, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Register for the race using the following form >
2. From there, follow the same steps as in the previous section (How to record your time)
• Download the directions for the route and do it first to practice.
• How can I send the track from my smartphone to my smartwatch?
• Some routes are not marked, so each competitor is responsible for knowing them.
• We recommend warming up before doing the route.
• Control points are located at the start/end and during the route. Do not manipulate them as your mobile device will detect them through the Bluetooth connection.
• If the control points on the route are not registered, don’t worry. Your final time will still be recorded.
Calendar of competitions
TRAIL 5K > Info & registration >
GRAVEL 40K > Info & registration >
The organiser reserves the right to change the dates of the races